I think I have decided to start my blogging career as a teacher with the creation of a comment blog.
There's a class where we have been working with the topic of shopping, buying and selling, consumerism etc. I prepared a questionnaire and students will go to my blog to answer the questions. I am just hopping that this will generate discussion in the classroom.
I have also included a video with useful phrases related to the topic.
MONEY AND SHOPPING
1. Are you a price conscious shopper?
2. Are you good at saving money?
3. Are you saving money to buy something?
4. Do you enjoy shopping?
5. Do you ever buy second-hand things? ("used things")
6. Do you ever give money to charity?
7. Do you give tips at a restaurant in your country? How about to taxi drivers?
8. Do you haggle when you shop?
9. Do you sometimes buy things that you don't need?
a. If so, give some examples.
10. Do your parents give you an allowance? (Did your parents give....?)
a. What do you use it for?
b. How often do they give it to you?
11. If someone gave you a lot of money, what would you do with it?
a. If someone gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it?
12. Some people say that "money makes the world go around." Do you agree? Why or why not?
13. What's your favorite place to shop?
14. In a marriage, do you think one person should handle the finances, or both?
15. Explain these proverbs: What do they mean? Say them in other English words.
a. The best things in life are free.
b. Time is money.
c. Save your pennies for a rainy day.
d. Money talks.
e. You can't take it with you when you go.
f. Money doesn't grow on trees